10–15 Nov 2019
Gold Coast, Queensland
National Judicial Orientation Program November 2019
This five day residential program has been developed by a steering committee of experienced judges and judicial education professionals, drawn from courts and educational bodies throughout Australia.
The primary objective of the program is to assist newly appointed judges with their transition to judicial office by facilitating the development and refinement of the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for effective judging.
The program will offer insights into the role and responsibilities of a member of the judiciary, provide the opportunity for new appointees to benefit from the knowledge and experience of senior judges who attend the program as speakers, and allow an exchange of ideas and experiences among participants.
Many of the sessions are interactive, relying on discussion by participants and using practically based case scenarios.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I register for this program?
Registration for this program is electronic via the REGISTER button on this website.
2. What are my costs to attend this program?
The cost for this program is listed above which includes all training materials; morning/afternoon teas and lunches.
3. How is my participation confirmed?
ou will receive an email and invoice once your registration is received and payment is confirmed.
4. Is it possible to make arrangements for special requirements, including dietary or other?
Yes, provided the College has sufficient notice to arrange it.
There is a space on the registration form for you to note these requirements.
Please be aware that dependent on the request, the participant may be required to bear extra costs.
5. Does the College organise travel arrangements for program participants?
No, individual participants should arrange their own travel.
6. When should I book my flights?
You will need to factor in the programs official open/close, local traffic issues and airline terms and conditions of arrival to estimate how much time you need to allow for arrival/departure.
7. Will I need to pay for parking at the venue?
Yes. You will be responsible for any parking costs.
8. If I am unable to attend a program for any reason is the fee refunded to my court?
Please see our Terms & Conditions.
9. What is the dress code for attendance at College programs?
Smart casual unless otherwise advised.
10. How do I pay for any incidental expenditure I incur at the hotel?
You pay for this on checkout. Please note that most Hotels require an imprint of your credit card when checking in, to cover incidental expenditure that is individually incurred.
11. Will I have access to the Internet whilst attending a program?
Most venues provide access to the internet. At some programs, the NJCA may have organised free access.
The program Participant Information Guide will inform you of this.
12. Can I bring my partner to the program?
Yes, some programs allow partners to attend.
Accommodation providers may charge a room service fee. Such costs must be borne by the participant.
13. Are partners welcome at evening functions?
Yes. Program Participant Information Guides outline costs and payment terms.
14. Can partners attend sessions at programs?
Some programs encourage partner participation.
Program Participant Information Guides will inform you of this.
15. Will I need to bring an electronic device such as a laptop with me?
The College encourages participants to bring their laptop or any other suitable electronic device to access materials at programs.
16. Will I receive hard copy materials?
The College may provide session handouts at programs; however, all other materials including the participants manual is available electronically.
17. Will I need to submit any documents to meet with course requirements?
Some programs send out a pre-program questionnaire or ask that you submit a written judgment. The Program Manager will advise of such requirements in advance of the Program.
18. Where can I get help?
Contact the NJCA administration team, email: firstname.lastname@example.org