3–7 Sep 2018
National Magistrates Orientation Program 2018
This five day residential program is open to magistrates only, providing an opportunity for professional development, reflection, workshops and to meet magistrates from other jurisdictions.
It will have a strong emphasis on using the knowledge and skills of people who are familiar with the challenges inherent in the work of a magistrate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I register for this program?
Registration for this program is electronic via the REGISTER button on this website.
2. What are the costs to attend this program?
The cost for this program will be set in the first quarter of 2018. The cost of the 2017 program was $3600 which included all training materials; morning/afternoon teas; lunches and dinner on 3 evenings.
3. How is my participation confirmed?
You will receive an email and invoice once your registration is received and payment is confirmed.
4. Is it possible to make arrangements for special requirements, including dietary or other?
Yes, provided the College has sufficient notice to arrange it. There is a space on the registration form for you to note these requirements. Please be aware that dependent on the request, the participant may be required to bear extra costs.
5. Does the College organise travel and accommodation arrangements for program participants?
No, individual participants should arrange their own travel and accommodation.
6. When should I book my flights?
You will need to factor in the programs official open/close, local traffic issues and airline terms and conditions of arrival to estimate how much time you need to allow for arrival/departure.
The Committee asks that you do not leave the program before it has concluded.
7. Will I need to pay for parking at the venue?
Yes. You will be responsible for any parking costs.
8. If I am unable to attend the program is the fee refunded to my court?
Please see our Terms & Conditions.
9. What is the dress code for attendance at College programs?
Smart casual unless otherwise advised.
10. Will I have access to the internet whilst attending the program?
Most venues provide access to the internet. At some programs, the NJCA may have organised free access. The program Participant Information Guide will inform you of the arrangements for the program you are attending.
11. Are partners welcome at evening functions?
Yes but this will depend on venue capacity and payment will be required for partner attendance at functions.
12. Can partners attend sessions at programs?
13. Will I need to bring an electronic device such as a laptop with me?
The College encourages participants to bring their laptop or any other suitable electronic device to access materials at programs.
There are some sessions for which you will be required to have an electronic device. You will be advised in advance of the program, on which days this is the case.
14. Will I receive hard copy materials?
The College may provide session handouts at programs; however, all other materials including the participants manual is available electronically.
15. Will I need to submit any documents to meet with course requirements?
Some programs send out a pre-program questionnaire or ask that you submit a written judgment. The Program Manager will advise of such requirements in advance of the program.
16. Where can I get help?
Contact the NJCA administration team, email: email@example.com