22–23 Nov 2018
Brighton Beach, NSW
Judges and Magistrates
New Perspectives on Courtroom Leadership
The National Judicial College of Australia has developed a new two-day program to promote judicial leadership in the Courtroom.
The program will enable participants to:
- Understand how their judicial role may be conceptualised as one of leadership in the courtroom;
- Enhance their existing judicial skills, making them more effective leaders within the courtroom;
- Acquire new skills for leadership within the courtroom;
- Acquire greater confidence in their ability to manage the courtroom; and;
- Become more aware of their personal resources for managing the unexpected.
It will be of particular benefit to judges who wish to enhance their leadership skills, as well as those who wish to obtain a deeper understanding of courtroom dynamics, thereby enhancing their in-court skills.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How do I register for this program?
Registration for this program is electronic via the REGISTER button on this website.
2. What are the costs to attend this program?
The cost for this program is listed above which includes all training materials; morning and afternoon teas; lunch and dinner at the conclusion of Day one.
3. How is my participation confirmed?
You will receive an email and invoice once your registration is received and payment is confirmed.
4. Is it possible to make arrangements for special requirements, including dietary or other?
Yes, provided the College has sufficient notice to arrange it.
There is a space on the registration form for you to note these requirements.
Please be aware that dependent on the request, the participant may be required to bear extra costs.
5. Does the College organise travel arrangements for program participants?
No, individual participants should arrange their own travel.
6. When should I book my flights?
You will need to factor in the programs official open/close, local traffic issues and airline terms and conditions of arrival to estimate how much time you need to allow for arrival/departure.
The Committee asks that you do not leave the program before it has concluded.
7. Will I need to pay for parking at the venue?
Yes. You will be responsible for any parking costs.
8. If I am unable to attend the program is the fee refunded to my court?
Please see our Terms & Conditions.
9. What is the dress code for attendance at College programs?
Smart casual unless otherwise advised.
10. Do I pay for incidental expenditure at the hotel?
You will pay for this on checkout.
Please note that most hotels require an imprint of your credit card when checking in, to cover incidental expenditure that is individually incurred.
11. Will I have access to the internet whilst attending the program?
Most venues provide access to the internet. At some programs, the NJCA may have organised free access. The program Participant Information Guide will inform you of the arrangements for the program you are attending.
12. Can I bring my partner to the program?
Some programs allow partners to attend.
Accommodation providers may charge a room service fee. Such costs must be borne by the participant.
Please see the Participant Information Guide for further details.
13. Are partners welcome at evening functions?
Yes. Program Participant Information Guides outline costs and payment terms.
14. Can partners attend sessions at programs?
Some programs encourage partner participation.
Program Participant Information Guides will inform you of this.
15. Will I need to bring an electronic device such as a laptop with me?
The College encourages participants to bring their laptop or any other suitable electronic device to access materials at programs.
16. Will I receive hard copy materials?
The College may provide session handouts at programs; however, all other materials including the participants manual is available electronically.
17. Will I need to submit any documents?
Some programs send out a pre-program questionnaire or ask that you submit a written judgment. The Program Manager will advise of such requirements in advance of the program.
18. Where can I get help?
Contact the NJCA administration team, email: email@example.com