Writing Better Judgments 2017 – Registrations are now open!
The Writing Better Judgments program will be held in Sydney 3-5 April 2017 inclusive.
This Program has been developed for the Australian judiciary (judges, magistrates and Tribunal members).
The Program is designed to enhance participants’ judgment and decision writing skills through analysis, discussion and rewriting of judgments in small groups. The program is hands-on and where participants are assisted by professional writers and highly experienced senior judges.
The program provides:
- An engaging and enjoyable learning experience aimed at improving judgment writing skills.
- Facilitation by judges and writers with substantial experience in teaching judgment writing.
- Delivery using relevant, practical tools and tips for better judgment writing.
- A high level of interactivity including group workshops and individual feedback.
- Preparation and planning for judgments.
- What is good legal writing?
- Issue based reasons for decisions.
- The structure of your judgment.
- How to write judgments that are clear, comprehensive, concise and coherent.
- Getting started and keeping going.
Download the Registration Guide and register online
The Program Manager is Ms Julie van den Engel. Julie can be contacted at: [email protected] or (02) 6125 6653.