Judgment Writing Program – March 2016
This program has been developed for the Australian judiciary and is designed to enhance participants’ judgment writing skills through analysis, discussion and rewriting of judgments in small groups. The program is hands on and where participants are assisted by professional writers and senior judges.
The program provides:
- an engaging and enjoyable learning experience aimed at improving judgment writing skills
- facilitation by judges and writers with substantial experience in teaching judgment writing
- delivery using relevant, practical tools and tips for better judgment writing
- a high level of interactivity including group workshops and individual feedback
Topics will include:
- preparation and planning for judgments
- what is good legal writing?
- issue based reasons for decision
- how to write judgments that are clear, comprehensive, concise and coherent
- getting started and keeping going
The Judgment Writing program is one of the College’s most popular professional development programs. You are wise to express interest early to ensure you gain a place. The registration form is enclosed below.